I’ve been so serious around here lately that I’ve depressed the hell out of myself. Thanks for sticking around. I still find joy in the absurdities around me. So here’s a list of 33 totally random things. Why 33? It was my jersey number when I played basketball.
Yeah, I played basketball. Here’s some proof.
And that counts as #1. The remaining 32, in no particular order:
- I almost caused an international incident by accidentally driving into East Germany.
- I used to be a bartender.
- I snore.
- I used to write poetry on demand while sitting in a pub and drinking beer (in college — isn’t everything forgivable if you did it in college…mostly?)
- I slept on the floor of the Marseilles train station.
- I used to draw and paint when I was younger. I can still draw some if I’m in the mood.
- I thought about being a nun. I decided against it because I didn’t want to be a teacher. Ha.
- I wear a hat to write.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite color is green.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I change my mind a lot.
- I don’t like confrontation.
- I people watch and create elaborate and scandalous back stories. And then I am ashamed.
- My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road. Or pistachio. Or strawberry. Or Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut.
- Definitely, my favorite ice cream is Baseball Nut.
- Or chocolate.
- I am indecisive.
- I can’t parallel park.
- I used to ride a unicycle.
- I can juggle.
- I don’t like scary movies.
- I can read a bunch of books at the same time (well, not at the same time, but you know what I mean) and I can keep them all straight and summarize everything, but I have trouble memorizing things like lines of poetry and phone numbers.
- I feel things in colors and it’s very weird and very scary. And pretty cool.
- I used to cut school like a fiend and only got caught once — by an Assistant Principal who went on to become the Superintendent of Dade County Public Schools in the mid 80’s, and thus, my boss. Tee hee.
- I majored in English, and minored in French and Psychology. I probably could have picked up history, too.
- One of my favorite cities is Paris.
- My favorite cartoon is Marvin the Martian.
- I have a soft spot for marching bands, especially woodwinds.
- I don’t like the circus.
- I like to dance.
- Although I can be loud and even gregarious in a group, I am much more comfortable with one or two people.
- I think sour apple Jolly Ranchers are disgusting.
- I lost count and am not sufficiently vested in the accuracy of this post to go back and count.
5 thoughts on “33 three-toed tree toads”
Any chance of you telling the artists name? We used to have this & would like to have it again.
You crack me up for someone who is so serious!
very interesting – I like these listy things – one always learns so much and they’re perfect for my short attention span. thank you for posting.