I thought I’d share some stuff I like because I’m in a moody mood and I figured it’d be a good reminder for me to, you know, think about some things I like.
- I like the feel of an oscillating fan on a really hot day. It reminds me of my childhood in my grandparents’ house. If it’s hot, and night time, and a fan is on, I will fall asleep in a drunken stupor from the drone of the motor and the soothing pass of the not-quite-cool air.
- It’s spring here and that means I’m having a time with the allergies. It’s not a good time. Still, the amazing scent of flowers everywhere is so sweet and delicious. We’re going to wipe out some out of control shrubbery soon, and I hate to say it, but I’m going to be a little sorry to see it go — there’s a bunch of honeysuckle tangled in that mess and it smells heavenly.
- I’m not too grown up to take a nap in the middle of the day. If there’s milk and cookies after, it’s even better. Especially if they are chocolate chip cookies.
- Bubble baths are an under-appreciated commodity. I will indulge myself very soon.
- I like good books, good wines, good friends, and good conversation. If I could have a good wine with a good friend while conversing about a good book I’d be set.
- I like hugs.
- I like sunsets. I like sunrises more.
- I like to hear the crash of waves on the shore when it’s dark and you can’t really see the water. It never quite sounds the same — and yet it does.
- And I like the aroma of freshly-brewed coffee. D’oh.
2 thoughts on “oh boy, I’m being random again”
I recently learned to appreciate sunrises. Being a late night worker, I often do not get to see one but on a trip to the Smokey last fall, I forced the issue and it was well worth the early rising.
I know! But it works best if I’ve been up all night, though lately I am up before dawn, so…there you have it 🙂