1. How old do you look? Old enough for the pimply teenager at the grocery store to give me a senior discount. I’m 48. I don’t mind rounding up to 50. I’m not a fan of being taken for 60. On the other hand, maybe I’ll start telling people I’m 60. Then, I’ll hang around long enough to overhear them say, “She looks damn good for 60!”
2. Where do you live? In a house, on a hill, beside a lake, beneath the trees.
3. Are you waiting for something? Always. I’m just not sure of what it is until it surprises me.
4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common? Not common? I’m afraid I’m rather common — I hate traffic. I’m not a fan of taxes. Oh, well, there you have it. Taxes.
5. Do you want/have kids? Yes.
6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion? Converting my religion? It’s fine the way it is. It already has the fullness of Truth 🙂
7. Last shocking news you heard? I suppose it’s the whole Bin Laden thing. Or how much I paid for gas this morning.
8. What was the last thing you drank? Water. I know. I should have lied. I bought a bottle of Gewurztraminer tonight. I used to drink it all the time in spring and summer when I lived in Germany.
9. Who do you most look like in your family? I think I look an awful lot like my paternal grandmother. No doubt some family member will stumble upon this and disagree.
10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be? A massage. And that bottle of Gewurztraminer.
11. Where does most of your family live? A little south of here.
12. Where did you grow up? Here and there.
13. Where do you want to go on vacation? The moon. Or Rome.
14. Have you ever had a panic attack? Oh. Yes.
15. What can’t you wait for? Indeed, what can’t I wait for?
16. When’s the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it? About an hour ago. This morning. Yesterday afternoon. Some ungodly hour on Tuesday. All day Sunday. September 7, 1985.
17. Have your parents ever smoked pot? Holy smokes. Ha. Um. No?
18. Want someone back in your life? No. People have come in and out of my life when they were supposed to…why change things when they are going so swimmingly well.
19. What do you order at the bar? Yes. I mean, margaritas? Beer? Gin and tonic? Dirty martinis?
20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard? A couple of weeks ago.
21. Ever licked someone’s cheek? Yes. But there’s an explanation. There’s always an explanation.
22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter? Jelly. Duh.
23. Where were you on July 4th, 2008? At home.
24. What are your nicknames? You know them. And if you don’t, I’m not telling.
25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go? About 2000 years.
2 thoughts on “yet another random question thingie”
I love how you answer these dumb things and you have no respect for the stupid questions!
I was horrified when a cashier at Publix gave me a senior discount. I’m only 40 – and am fortunate to have great skin. Usually every 4-6 weeks I have some gray at the temples, but I touch it up to Dark Golden Brown. Seriously, a senior discount. I burned the clothes from that day.