I thought I’d cheer myself up on a rainy day after a crappy week and try to find 5 high points this week. I thought it was going to be hard. It wasn’t.
1. Chocolate. In an Advent calendar. So many yummies!
2. Too many missed calls at dinner time, and finally connecting with a dear friend.
3. Watched Wreck-It Ralph. ALL the feels.
4. Got a fun package in the mail.
5. Got some fuzzy socks. Everything is better when the toes-ies are toasty.
Is there a tastier treat? Richer? More decadent?
Maybe… but it’s my C, so I’m going with the frothy drink of Aztec kings and Spanish noblemen instead of my usual cup of coffee on this cold morning. (betcha thought I’d go with Coffee today, right?)
I’m siding with the Hershey company and the most brilliant product ever created: The Hershey Kiss.
I’m remembering the red and green blotches in my sweaty palms when I was a kid, belying company claims that M & M’s melt in your mouth, not in your hands.
Chanuka gelt shaken in its little mesh bag, chocolate bunnies delightfully decapitated, the Nestlé Quik bunny lamenting that he can’t drink it slow.
Really, what’s not to love?
Less is more with a little drizzle of chocolate over homemade New York-style cheesecake.
More is more when nothing else will do but a raspberry-filled Ghirardelli dark chocolate bar.
Eat your hearts* out caviar lovers, coffee connoisseurs, Marie Antoinettes of the world and your cakes.
I have chocolate. And today, in honor of the A to Z Challenge, I’m sharing.
* just an interesting little fact that the Aztecs did in fact rip out hearts.
details from a lithograph I owned many years ago, The Alphabet Suite, by Erté.
Whether you like the traditional Candy Corn, Whoppers malt balls (if you know what’s good) or those silly Red Twizzlers, I hope you get what you like.