Here I am with Fiat, the adorable little fish on the cover of Lisa Hendey’s book, The Grace of Yes. Today, folks all over the internet are posting pictures of themselves, tagging them #graceofyes, and being witnesses to saying YES to God’s will in their lives.
Here are mine:
- yes to my darling husband — for our love, and all the yeses that spring from his support
- yes to my kids — they changed my life in a beautiful way
- yes to my career in education — I’m not going to lie, it is the biggest pain in my neck ever, and a magnificent return on the power of this yes
- yes to my involvement in the new evangelization, first through Rosary Army and then SQPN, and all the subsequent opportunities to write and share, teach … and learn about our Lord, Jesus Christ.
To think that one fiat given 2000 years ago would have grown into all the yeses expressed today, and how those yeses continue to convert into more and more.
You can say YES in a number of ways. Here are some suggestions at Ave Maria Press’ Grace of Yes Day:
What are some ways you can say yes to God?
- Give to a charity.
- Being extra generous with your time.
- Help someone in need.
- Sharing your creativity with others.
- Saying no so you can say yes.